Cold Brew Coffee to Beat the Summer Heat
In the summer time, when the temperature could reach 45 C, a glass of cold brew coffee of course will help to cool down your body temperature.
What is Cold Brew?
There are a few way to make iced coffee at home, but the most well-loved is the cold brew method. Cold brew is really as simple as mixing ground coffee with cool water and steeping the mixture in the fridge overnight. The next day you strain the mixture, leaving you with a concentrate. (it's a strong coffee, so you'll want to dilute it with water, milk, or other thing) that can be served right away or stored for up to two weeks.
3 Key Steps to Better Cold Brew at Home
- Use the right grind size. Cold brew need a bigger grind settings. Something similar to raw sugar to minimize the bitterness. Play around with the grind settings until you find your favorite.
- Use high ratio of coffee to water. With a higher ratio coffee to water, you'll have a room to playing around with how your cold brew want to be served. If you just want black, you can add more cold water or ice. If you want milky, add 50:50 cold brew concentrate and milk. This way, your drink will not tasted watery.
- Strain Slowly. After your brew is finished, you'll need to strain your cold brew. You can use a cheesecloth and a strainer. Avoid pressing or squeezing the coffee grounds, as that extracts bitter flavors.
After you have your cold brew concentrate, here's your alternative to enjoy a glass of cold brew rather than just using water or ice cube.
1. Cold Brew Tonic
A classic refreshing drink. With a slice of grapefruit, you'll taste the coffee more fruity and refreshing.
- Ice Cube
- A slice of grapefruit
- 100ml tonic water
- 50ml coldbrew (our recommendation is make a cold brew with Ethiopian Coffee for this recipe to enhance the fruitiness.)
2. Coconut Cold Brew
Ahh,, the tropical summer drink. With coconut water obviously will help you to hydrate your body.
- Ice Cube
- Mint leaf (as a garnish, also will added a hint of cold aftertaste)
- 100ml coconut water
- 50ml cold brew (our recommendation is to make a cold brew with Kenyan coffee for this recipe to enhance brightness)
3. Skinny Frappe
This cold brew will taste smooth, creamy, and sweet. And also low sugar so it's gonna be safe for people who's in diet or have a diabetes.
- Ice cube
- 2 table spoon of brown sugar syrup (to make it, add 1:1 ratio of brown sugar and water, boil it)
- 100 ml cold brew (our recommendation is with Brazilian coffee to enhance sweetness)
- Shake ! Not stirred :)
That's it how to make cold brew and variation to make your cold brew more lively ! Enjoy your summer !